Phone: 561-272-7001 | Fax: 561-272-2062

Town of Highland Beach Building Department

Voice 561-278-4540  Fax 561-278-2606

Do I need a Building Permit?

Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy or occupant content of a building or structure, or any outside area being used as part of the building’s designated occupancy (single or mixed) or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the technical codes, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit for the work.

The following Specific items are included in requirement for a building permit:

  • Any changes to exterior doors or windows
  • Any changes to interior entrance doors that lead from common areas to a dwelling unit and/or a storage area or mechanical closet
  • Any changes to party and/or fire walls
  • Any changes to Fire Sprinkler System
  • Installation of ceramic tile, marble, terrazzo, etc.
  • Replacement of kitchen and or vanity cabinets
  • Changes to and/or replacement of plumbing or electrical fixtures
As a Contractor, what do I need to perform work in Highland Beach?

Contractors are required to have a Certificate of Competency (License) for the type of work they will be performing. The Town registers each contractor.

Where can I get an inspection result?

Inspection results are not available online. You may call the Building Department at (561) 278-4540.

Where do I file for a permit for the Town of Highland Beach?

Application for permits may be submitted by mail or in person 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Office located at 3616 South Ocean Blvd., (561) 278-4540.

Where do I file the Contractors Registration Application?

Applications for Contractors Registration may be submitted to the building department by mail or in person.

Powered & Designed by: CRISPT